Tuesday, August 11, 2009

My first posting

Well, I have nothing quilty to post right now. I'm working on several quilts, and I will take some pictures and put them up. I'm planning to blog as I make one of my quilts.

In the meantime, I learned something I'd like to share. I like to use Sharpie markers to write instructions on equipment I use. An example is that as soon as I get a new printer, I write on the front the directions for printing on both sides of a sheet of paper, which side of the paper has to be on top, which edge needs to lead. Stuff that would be nice to know without having to resort to an owner's manual every time. However, once in a while, it's nice to get those marks off, and they come off easily, with an Eberhard Faber white eraser.

Now that I have solved a major problem I caused by writing on something with a Sharpie, I can now go up to my studio and take some pictures of the quilt top I just finished, and the quilt that I will be making.

I hope you'll follow my blog, I promise to have more interesting stuff!

10 comments:

  1. you know, just the other day I was contemplating taking a Sharpie to my printer because I feel like I always have to mime the whole printing process before inserting a page! Coolness... I OWN an Eberhard Faber eraser already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie, I am proud to be your first blog follower. I was working on setting up a blog myself which is how I saw yours so qucikly. I'll be here waiting for the fun to begin. Rachel Parris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Another blog I have to check in to read every now and then! Actually I have only three that I check regularly -- Sarah Ann Smith's, one belonging to a quilting friend who raises sheep and other critters and Project Rungay:

    htto://projectrungay.blogspot.com

    Lots of fun as well as informative as I expect your blog will be.

    Jacquie in Vermont

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me see, Number 4 is not a bad number,

    or I could say A D T (and this is not about alarms) or About D... Time

    Wheat
    http://www.WheatCarr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the World O'Blogging! I'm already a "subscriber".

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first step is always the worst. Welcome to the world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Robbie! I am so glad you leaped into the world of blogging. I got to see one of your quilts in person at the MAQF several years ago, and what intrigued me so much was your quilting - it was so perfect! Did you use your sewing machine, or a long arm quilting machine? It was inspirational to me!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kewl!! It is fun, you will be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Robbi!

    It's TWELVE days later...Hello??? Can we have some photographic evidence to ponder? Maybe you should post a photo of your sharpie collection? How 'bout a shot of the directions written on your printer before/after treatment with eraser? Good 'on you getting your blog going! I have just launched thermofaxconfidential.blogspot with Jane Dunnewold. However, I have no doubt that yours will be more entertaining as ours is more technical. I look forward to visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoops! Can you tell I'm blog impaired? Didn't see the photos over there! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete